Illuminated lanterns that bring out the feel of Japan's ancient streets
Every year from the beginning until the middle of August happens the festival Tankororin, flashlights called TANKORORIN are lit in the old streets of the Asuke neighborhood in the city of Toyota. Enjoy a stroll through the streets of Asuke decorated with beautiful lanterns, cylindrical lanterns made of bamboo baskets and Japanese washi paper.
The Tankororin lanterns became popular as one of the summer attractions of the old Asuke neighborhood. In addition, mini concerts like guitar, Asuke's Bon-Odori dance with performances shamisen live and rakugo will be held free of charge, making the evening tour even more enjoyable.
This event started with some lanterns in 2002, with the cooperation of the residents, now the number of “Tankororin” exceeds 700 units, so that people in and around the city of Toyota familiarize themselves with tradition and culture summer in the Asuke neighborhood.
And on the 14th, Asuke Natsu Matsuri the biggest summer festival in Fireworks from the Asuke neighborhood.
Programme (Tankororin Festival from 3 to 15 August):
- Day 3 and 4: Yukata Asuke, from 18:00 to 20:00 (Local Asuke).
- Day 3 and 4: Odori Dança, (Honmachi and Tamachi streets).
- 11 Day: Odori Dance, (Tamachi Ginza Street)
- 12 Day: Etchu Yao Owara, from 19:00 pm to 20:45 pm (Asuke old streets).
- 13 Day: BON dance, (Chiomachi, Shinmachi, Miyamachi and Matsuemachi streets).
- Day 13 and 14: Lights in Rio, from 18:00 to 21:00.
- 14 Day: Fireworks, from 20:30 pm to 21:15 pm (Asuke neighborhood streets).
- 15 Day: Lanterns Festival on the River, from 18:30 pm to 20:00 pm (Korankei Street)
- 15 Day: Little fish fireworks (Goldfish), 19:15 (Tomoegawa Street).
Aichi-ken Toyota-shi Asuke-cho