Published June 2020.
Due to new coronavirus, the company you work for may be in a difficult financial situation. However, because you are a foreigner, the company cannot treat you differently (inferior) than a Japanese. Please be careful with the 4 items below.
1. For the company's convenience, if the company tells you (take time off), the company must pay the Leave Allowance (kyugyo teate). This will be the same as the Japanese.
2. If you take time off work due to your child's classes being suspended, you can use the annual paid time off (nenji yukyu kyuka). This will also be the same as the Japanese.
3. The Japanese government, in order to protect workers, will pay subsidies to companies. This money can be used for both Japanese and foreigners.
4. The employer cannot force you to leave the company. When a company wants to fire a foreign worker, it must follow the same rules as a Japanese worker.
- Office hours: 9:30 am to 17:XNUMX pm (weekdays only)
- Tel: 052-972-0266
In the Labor Standards Inspectorate, you can make the following inquiries:
- Rules for leave allowance (kyugyou teate).
- Rules on paid annual leave (nenji yukyu kyuka).
- Dismissal rules.
- Other working conditions, such as working hours, salary, etc.
Na Hello Work, you can do the following queries:
- Way to look for a job or presentation
- How to receive employment insurance money (work insurance) when you leave your job.
- If you need an interpreter, consult the Nagoya International Center.
Register your email and receive the latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) information in Japan.