The health benefits of pineapple are diverse because they have a large amount of nutrients and minerals essential for overall body health. The benefits of pineapple range from aiding in digestion to lowering blood pressure, aiding in strengthening the immune system, also great for skin and hair health.
Pineapple is rich in beta - carotene, vitamin A - B - C, as well as minerals such as calcium, copper, manganese, zinc, potassium, magnesium, iron and fibers.
Pineapple Health Benefits
- Improves conditions of the digestive tract (stimulates digestion).
- Great for dieters, as it contains few calories (helps you lose weight).
- Assists in body recovery after exercise (relieves muscle pain).
- Contributes to the gain of muscle mass.
- Accelerates tissue healing.
- Prevents and treats respiratory problems such as colds, flu, bronchitis, asthma and pneumonia.
- Eliminates bacteria and viruses.
- Aids in sputum.
- Prevents and treats anemia.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Stimulates collagen production of the skin.
- Improves nails, skin and hair.
- Increases immunological resistance.
- Detoxifies the body.
- Assists with the problem of fluid retention.
- Helps control cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Strengthens the bones.
- Moisturizes the body.
- Prevents kidney stones.
Harm of Over Pineapple Consumption
- Because it is an acidic fruit, pineapple should be avoided by people with mouth injuries such as thrush and stomatitis. Ingestion is not recommended while the pineapple is not yet ripe as it is toxic to the human body.
- People who use antidepressants, anticoagulants, antibiotics and anticonvulsants should avoid eating this fruit in large quantities.