Tokyo 2020 Olympic Medal Unveiled, the design of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic medals reflects the concept that to achieve glory, athletes must fight for victory on a daily basis.
The medals resemble polished rough stones that now shine, their design is intended to symbolize diversity and represent a world where people who compete in sports and work hard are honored.
The sparkle of medal reflections means the warm glow of friendship represented by people from all over the world holding hands.
The tape is designed to be a reflection of Japan itself and the way the country demonstrates “Unity in Diversity”. The design also promotes the Tokyo 2020 brand vision of “Harmony Innovation”.
Convex silicone lines are applied to the tape surface so anyone can recognize the type of medal (gold, silver or bronze) simply by touching it. Chemically recycled polyester fibers that produce less CO2 during the manufacturing process are used; These allow the ribbons to incorporate the central graphic colors of Tokyo 2020 and be extremely durable at the same time.
Images: Courtesy of Tokyo 2020
- Diameter: 85 mm
- Thickness: Thinner Part: 7.7mm / Thicker Part: 12.1mm
- Gold Weight: About 556g of
- Silver Weight: About 550g of
- Bronze Weight: About 450g
- Gold Composition: Over 6 grams of pure silver gold plating
- Silver: Pure silver
- Bronze: Red Brass (95% Copper and 5% Zinc)
- Ribbons Attached to top of medals
- On the side of the medal: The event name will be recorded in English.