Renewal Views

1 Renewal Visa

The renewal request can be made 2 months before the expiration date.

You do not have to pay to renew the visa, you can go to the Immigration Department of your Jurisdiction yourself and give your visa in person. In the event of missing a document, they will send a letter asking for it, so always look for an entry in advance, before the visa expires.

Documents required to renew the NISSEI visa
  • 1 photo size 4 × 3 cm
  • Copy and original of the valid Passport
  • Zairyu Card copy and original
  • Birth certificate (copy)
  • If married, marriage certificate (copy)
  • Birth certificate of father or mother who is descending nissei (copy)
  • Grandmas Wedding Ceremony (print)
  • Grandfather's Koseki Tohon or Grandmother (original and validity of 3 months)
  • Hoshonin form (guarantor)
  • Attestation of Work (Zaishoku Shomeisho), issued by the company
  • Certificate of residence (Juminhyo), issued by the Prefecture
  • Gensen (proof of annual income) or last three original Holerites
  • Nozeishomeisho (certificate of discharge with taxes), issued by the prefecture
  • Immigration visa renewal application form

Note: All documents must be accompanied by the Japanese translation.

Documents required to renew the SANSEI visa
  • 1 photo size 4 × 3 cm
  • Copy and original of the valid Passport
  • Zairyu Card copy and original
  • Birth certificate (copy)
  • If married, marriage certificate (copy)
  • Birth certificate of father or mother who is descending nissei (copy)
  • Grandmas Wedding Ceremony (print)
  • Grandfather's Koseki Tohon or Grandmother (original and validity of 3 months)
  • Hoshonin form (guarantor)
  • Attestation of Work (Zaishoku Shomeisho), issued by the company
  • Certificate of residence (Juminhyo), issued by the Prefecture
  • Gensen (proof of annual income) or last three original Holerites
  • Immigration visa renewal application form
  • Civil and Federal Criminal Background Certificate for ages over 18 years
  • For children: Copy of the parents' passport and zairyu card

Note: All documents must be accompanied by the Japanese translation.

Documents required to renew the YONSEI visa
  • 1 photo size 4 × 3 cm
  • Copy and original of the valid Passport
  • Zairyu Card copy and original
  • Koseki Tohon (copy)
  • Marriage certificate of the great-grandparents (if no marriage record is found on the koseki)
  • Birth certificate of yonsei grandfather or grandmother (authenticated or original copy)
  • Yonsei grandmas wedding certificate (authenticated or original copy)
  • Birth certificate of yonsei's father or mother (certified or original copy)
  • Yonsei Parents Marriage Certificate (notarized or original copy)
  • Yonsei birth certificate (certified or original copy)
  • Hoshonin form (guarantor)
  • Attestation of Work (Zaishoku Shomeisho), issued by the company
  • Certificate of residence (Juminhyo), issued by the Prefecture
  • Gensen (proof of annual income) or last three original Holerites
  • Immigration visa renewal application form
  • Civil and Federal Criminal Background Certificate for ages over 18 years
  • For children: Copy of the parents' passport and zairyu card

Note: All documents must be accompanied by the Japanese translation.

Documents necessary to renew the visa of NON-DISCHARGES (spouse of nissei, spouse of sansei)
  • 1 photo size 4 × 3 cm
  • Copy and original of the valid Passport (of the spouse)
  • Zairyu Card (of the spouse)
  • All documents of the spouse, descendant nissei or sansei
  • Marriage Certificate with the descendant (copy)
  • Applicant's Birth Certificate (copy)
  • Hoshonin form (guarantor)
  • Attestation of Work (Zaishoku Shomeisho), issued by the company
  • Certificate of residence (Juminhyo), issued by the Prefecture
  • Gensen (proof of annual income) or last three original Holerites
  • Immigration visa renewal application form
  • Civil and Federal Criminal Background Certificate

Note: All documents must be accompanied by the Japanese translation.

Necessary documents of Hoshonin (Guarantor)

All foreigners must have a guarantor (HOSHONIN), natural person (can be Brazilian with permanent visa or Japanese citizen)

• Signed form
  • Attestation of work (zaishoku shoomeisho)
  • Attestation of residence (juuminhyoo)
  • Proof of Income and tax payment (gensen chooshuuhyoo)
If HOSHONIN is a firm or institution
  • Completed and signed form (stamped)

Note: Depending on the province the requested standard may change.

20 comments on "Renewal Views"

• 21 2019 in 22 on 37: XNUMX

Hello I have entered the renewal of my visa 2 days before it has expired 18 days and I have not received the hagaki I must wait or have to go immigration check.

• 22 2019 in 23 on 04: XNUMX

Each immigration works differently, so I can't answer for sure, but if you are worried better check.

• 9 2019 in 22 on 20: XNUMX

Good night! Would you like to know if the visa renewal form can be completed in romaji or has to be in japanese?

• 9 2019 in 23 on 00: XNUMX

Generally no problem, it can be in Romaji

• 31 2019 in 00 on 48: XNUMX

I have to renew my wife and stepson visa that is 16 years old and they are of no descent, but I always left the documents in the dispatcher's hands to do the renewal, but now I want to go with them personally in immigration to save money, only I have some doubts about some documents:
    1-In that case will you need the Letter of Guarantee? And as a descendant can I be their guarantor? In fact for them to come to Japan, I made the eligibility letter and automatically went their Hoshonin !!
    2-If you need this Letter of Guarantee and you haven't taken it, in immigration we can solve it?
    3-Must the passport be valid? Because I asked the dispatcher and he said it's okay to be expired !!
    4-If I'm their Hoshonin, do I have the option to determine their visa time?

• 31 2019 in 01 on 25: XNUMX

Good night, 1) you will probably be the hoshonin, if you have the best card to take, because depending on the region the requirement changes (you can ask or not), 2) if you need the card and don't think it doesn't solve it, 3) passport expired no problem, 4) You can not determine the visa, the immigration that determines.

• 30 2019 in 17 on 57: XNUMX

Good night!
    I'm going to Brazil in December and my visa expires in April, can I enter in October to go with a visa?

• 31 2019 in 02 on 03: XNUMX

In fact the renewal is 3 months before the due date, but immigration can anticipate depending on the reason, so you would have to talk there, as they will probably want more details (because it's going, how long it's been there,…), if the reason is accepted the renewal already comes out. Please if you are going to renew it, comment as it was, so it will help other people who have or will have the same doubt. thank you

• 11 2019 in 03 on 13: XNUMX

Good morning, I'm a nissei spouse and my visa went out for 1 year, how long does it go out for renewal?

• 21 2019 in 13 on 50: XNUMX

Japan is stricter, if you are working and paying roken and tax correctly you should release for 3 years and then for 5 years. In immigration is annualized case by case, and depends on the region is more stringent. (Immigration information).

• 2 2019 in 20 on 53: XNUMX

And in the case of a child I sansei. Does the documentation change anything?

• 3 2019 in 11 on 37: XNUMX

Good morning, according to information, but sometimes depending on the region may change.
      ※ If you change something, could write in the comment for readers to know, thanks

• 21 July 2019 on 16: 58

I'm Nissei and my husband Sansei. My husband's visa is from Nissei's spouse.
    In this case, the docs we need to provide for him are "Documents needed to renew the NON-DOWN (Nissei spouse, Sansei spouse) visa"?

• 22 July 2019 on 10: 11

Good morning, if he is dependent on you and you are Nissei, as I understand it, the documents will be from Nisssei, but depending on the person you attend you can order his Sansei documents. No offspring would be for pure% 100 Brazilians, which is not his case.

• 15 July 2019 on 19: 36

I forgot the due date and it's been 4 days and now?

• 24 July 2019 on 14: 35

Good afternoon, if you have already won the visa, there is really no way to renew, because you no longer have a visa to renew, you have to go as soon as possible in immigration talk (notify you forgot), depending on the region or the attendant can give a little way, or you'll have to take it from scratch again. Be careful, as this visa can be considered as clandestine.

• 28 June 2019 on 19: 16

Can I renew with 4 months in advance? In the event of being in unemployment insurance what do I need in place of the work certificate?

• 1 July 2019 on 14: 26

According to information for nissei or sansei you do not need anything else (but by guarantee take a copy of the proof of receipt or the entry if you are not already receiving), and the renewal can be up to 3 months before the due date.

• 22 May 2019 on 13: 17

I forgot, my visa expires on 31 this month. Will I have problems renewing?

• 23 May 2019 on 10: 05

You have not won yet, all right.