Re-entry Visa

Re-entry - 1 Reentry Visa

Period up to 1 year

As of July of 2012, was introduced the special re-entry permission system. Foreigners holding the zairyu card will not be required to apply for re-entry permission when leaving Japan, as the new system allows people to leave and return to Japan within the 1 year. But if the person does not return to Japan within the 1 year period, he will lose the visa.

If your visa has a period of stay of less than 1 per year, the period of your return to Japan will be until the visa expires, otherwise you will lose your visa.

Period above 1 year

When foreigners residing in Japan provisionally leave the country and wish to return to Japan with the same stay (visa) qualification, re-entry must be requested in advance.

If you leave Japan without a re-entry permit, your stay qualification (visa), which you had prior to leaving Japan, will be canceled. On the contrary, if you leave Japan with the re-entry permission, you do not need to apply for a new visa.

5 comments on "Re-entry Visa"

  • 25 May 2019 on 06: 07

    I have a doubt I'm Brazilian married to a descendant I've seen 3anos with her, so I came back to Brazil a short time ago, and I would like to go back to Japan, but she does not go back to Japan. I have reentre of a year, in the case returns alone without sera that I can enter Japan.

    • 25 May 2019 on 15: 54

      Good morning, you can go back alone. No problem, if your visa has not expired, you can stay until your visa expires.

  • 16 May 2019 on 07: 04

    Hello, I wanted to ask a question ... I left Japan in 2017, and next week will do 2 years in Brazil, I have this paper in my passport talking about reentry. And I have the permanent visa too. I wanted to know if what is written in the reentry paper, in parentheses, means that if the person has the permanent visa, the reentry is valid for 2 years. And if I can go back to Japan before completing 2 years here in Brazil.

    • 17 May 2019 on 10: 45

      Good morning, if you're writing in re-entry 2 years, you have to return until two years, because if two years have passed the visa, you will have to take the visa again.

  • 6 2019 April in 11: 39

    In the case of permanent visa?


Leave a comment:

Your Kei Awaits You
Advertise here
Website Guide
Company Registration - Guia Canal Japao
Club Mokuhyou Shinbun
Edna Cabeleireira