Your Residence Card (Zairyu card) must be renewed within 30 days of the expiration date printed on the card, after a period of 5 to 7 years.
- 7 years for permanent residents.
- 5 years for spouse or child of Japanese national.
IMMIGRATION - Procedure for the renewal of the Zairyu Card
- 1 photo 3 X 4cm
- Zairyu Card
- Fill out the FORM to request ZAIRYU CARD. You can take the completed form, click the button below to download the PDF form.
- Documents for renewal of the stay visa (this last item is not necessary for permanent visitors).
- If you can not go in person (due to illness or other reasons), a member of the family with more than 16 years of age who lives at the same address can apply (take the medical certificate), or a guardian with a power of attorney. In case of power of attorney complete order form and bring along with proxy.
Zairyu Card Application Form: