Renewal Zairyu Card (Residence Card)

Renewal Zairyu Card (Residence Card) 1

Your Residence Card (Zairyu card) must be renewed within 30 days of the expiration date printed on the card, after a period of 5 to 7 years.

• 7 years for permanent residents.
  • 5 years for spouse or child of Japanese national.

IMMIGRATION - Procedure for the renewal of the Zairyu Card

Take along:

• 1 photo 3 X 4cm
  • Passport
  • Zairyu Card
  • Fill out the FORM to request ZAIRYU CARD. You can take the completed form, click the button below to download the PDF form.
  • Documents for renewal of the stay visa (this last item is not necessary for permanent visitors).
  • If you can not go in person (due to illness or other reasons), a member of the family with more than 16 years of age who lives at the same address can apply (take the medical certificate), or a guardian with a power of attorney. In case of power of attorney complete order form and bring along with proxy.

Zairyu Card Application Form:

Renewal Zairyu Card (Residence Card) 2

57 comments on "Renewal Zairyu Card (Residence Card)"

• October 1 2019 on 22: 12

My daughter turns 16 in March 2020, will any immigration hagaki come to renew the zairyu card? They have permanent visa, have to renew 6 months before? Her zairyu card expires in March 2020, can parents renew without her !?

• October 8 2019 on 08: 59

good morning, sorry for the delay, parents can go without it yes, renewal is done up to three months in advance, usually not sent notice.

• 15 2019 in 16 on 49: XNUMX

Good afternoon !!! In case of loss of expensive zairyu in Brazil, how to proceed ??

• 16 2019 in 09 on 59: XNUMX

Just go straight to immigration when you arrive in Japan

• 14 2019 in 12 on 41: XNUMX

Is the zairyu card valid for renewal from the day it is entered or from the day it expires over 7 years?

• 14 2019 in 13 on 02: XNUMX

If it's permanent it's 7 years, if it's not permanent I won along with the visa, the Zairyu Card can't tell you the date plus the passport or visa counts from the expiration date so probably the Zairyu Card too.

• 7 2019 in 08 on 21: XNUMX

Good night, the personas who are about to win their zairyu card and currently residing in Japan, where does it correspond to renew?

• 8 2019 in 08 on 44: XNUMX

Good morning, no problem, once you arrive in Japan you can renew by taking your passport (and renewal document)

• 24 July 2019 on 16: 57

Good morning… I'm in Brazil my zairyo wins in September..but reentry wins in February 2020 (I have the permanent) what procedure can I return with the same expired zairo?

• 24 July 2019 on 17: 01

yes, as it is not in Japan all right, but renew as soon as it arrives.

• 22 July 2019 on 17: 11

Hello by filling out the power of attorney form, can my husband renew the zairyu card in my place?

• 22 July 2019 on 19: 06

Good night, if you are a husband you probably don't have to, but since you have filled it you can take it as a doubt (since in Japan you have a demanding attendant), the power of attorney is usually for friends (not family), what you ask is the reason for staff can not go personally, such as illness and others.

• 15 July 2019 on 16: 21

Foreigners who have permanent residency who are not in Japan until how long it takes to make the change of zairyu kado new. I hope your answer, thank you.

• 18 July 2019 on 23: 00

Once you return to Japan, look for immigration with the passport, then you can upgrade the Zaryu Card.

• 14 July 2019 on 02: 36

I wanted to go on the August holiday, could you tell me the immigration calendar? thankful

• 18 July 2019 on 23: 19

Between 9: 00hs at 12: 00hs Between 13: 00hs at 16: 00hs (Except Saturdays, Sundays and holidays). This is the time for Nagoya immigration. can change according to the region.

• 10 July 2019 on 15: 00

Hello, good afternoon, just to ask questions, I just came from Nagoya Immigration, I have seen permanent and my passport is expired. I was able to update normally, they did not ask me anything about my passport or my husband's. We both have a passport expired. And his zairo who wins in November has managed to update tb today. So for those who have seen permanent is just go with everything ready, photo and passport even if overdue that can do quietly. And if it's family, like us couple, presents together at the ticket office the documentation that they give a password only. Good afternoon everyone .

• 11 July 2019 on 08: 20

Arigatou for the information, a community site made by the community, thank you.

• 24 June 2019 on 17: 20

For those who have seen permanent just take the Hagaki, photo and the old Zairyu card for renovation, it is fast and quiet, they do not ask for anything tax or anything, I myself asked that question in immigration, the answer I had was this tax problem is of city hall and who should, has no law that takes out permanent visa of people who must city hall or Hoken tax, and tb was said to approve the visa yes yes we want taxes paid. And she said that the day that you have some law for the permanent visa everyone will know.
    But whoever owes something should not fail to pay or negotiate.

• 24 June 2019 on 19: 25

Good afternoon, according to our information, if you have not paid the tax (if you do not have it all), you can lose your visa even if it is permanent. We always call to ask questions but each clerk says something, so I advise taking care.

• 24 June 2019 on 17: 16

That application form that would be the proxy? So I have to go with this completed paper and with my husband's documents plus the form for renewal of the zairu card that I can make? Do you know if I can renew two months in advance?

• 24 June 2019 on 19: 18

Good afternoon, according to our information we had is that, but depends on the immigration (provincia) may change a little or according to the Japanese attendant.

• 23 June 2019 on 20: 10

Good evening, I needed the proxy form I did not find.
    One doubt, I read in the comments that even with permanent and if it goes back to Japan and the zairu is overdue it does not have problem.
    But I went to book my ticket and the agency advised me to renew before and not return due but I will travel with 1 month and 10 days before the expiration.
    What I have to do, I'm afraid I can not get back to Japan.

• 23 June 2019 on 20: 42

Just press the button that is written form, I gave you an email, for the other doubts.

• 18 June 2019 on 21: 30

good night to renew zairu cado, having imposed the prefecture delayed interfere in something, thank you

• 19 June 2019 on 13: 34

Good morning, of the problem yes, they do not renew, they will ask for proof of the tax, if it is not paid he takes the visa (it will lose the visa) even if it is seen permanent.

• 9 June 2019 on 14: 06

Would not the form download and take filled?

• 7 June 2019 on 07: 25

Good evening the zairyu card gets ready the same day ?? Thanks

• 1 June 2019 on 05: 41

Good day.
    Does the person have to go personally to make the renovation? Or is it that in the case of a family, only one representative can go?

• 5 June 2019 on 13: 05

Good morning, if you are from the family and live at the same address as the sim, just fill out the request form and place a representative. If you want to bring it full you have the button to download the PDF form.

• 20 May 2019 on 07: 30

To renew the zairyu card do I need to have a valid passport or can I be expired even if I have a permanent visa?

• 20 May 2019 on 20: 20

It may be over, but they will probably ask you to write a letter saying why you did not renew, that's all.

• 20 May 2019 on 07: 06

I forgot the renewal date and it is overdue for a month my zairyu, how to proceed

• 20 May 2019 on 20: 17

The procedure is the same, better to go soon ne

• 13 May 2019 on 21: 02

My zairyu card expires in October, can I renew this month? That is, with 4 months in advance?

• 17 May 2019 on 12: 13

Good morning, the correct deadline is two months, to renew before you must have a reason, then you will have an interview, if in the interview your reason is accepted you can renew.

• 10 May 2019 on 17: 48

Could you inform the places / address of the ones to renew the Zuiryu card in Mie Ken?

• 8 May 2019 on 03: 57

Good night!
    If the person is in Brazil has seen permanent and wins the .zairyu card in exhaustion of 2019 ... what would be the procedure.

• 7 May 2019 on 20: 00

When 16 is completed you have to renew the card, but the visa only expires in 2 years, so is it necessary to do all this documentation?

• 17 May 2019 on 12: 18

I would have

• 3 May 2019 on 09: 25

If the Zairyu Card expires when the person is in Brazil, will not he be able to return to Japan? Does she lose her permanent visa?

• 17 May 2019 on 12: 19

Do not miss the visa, just come and renew the Zaryu Card

• 2 May 2019 on 01: 26

Hello! For who is in Brazil and the zairyo card is to win, and has seen permanent. Can I let it expire or is it mandatory to renew before expiration?

• 17 May 2019 on 12: 22

According to Immigration information, no problem, arriving just go in immigration and renew.

• 29 2019 April in 08: 20

Good night!
    If the person is in Brazil has seen permanent and wins the .zairyu card ... what would be the procedure.

Patrycia

• 26 2019 April in 18: 09

To renew the precise zairyu of the valid passport or may be expired?

• 28 2019 April in 15: 33

Good morning, this one can be overdue, but they should ask to write a letter saying why they do not want to renew at the moment

• 14 2019 April in 02: 33

Is it mandatory?

• 14 2019 April in 06: 00

If you have not seen a permanent visa, it is mandatory.

• 13 2019 April in 17: 19

Good information !! My daughter did 16 years ago and I need to go to immigration to make another zairyu card ... Is the procedure the same?

• 3 2019 April in 17: 21

Congratulations on the information, I believe many did not know how to fill out the form.
    Taking advantage could be added the blank form in PDF format. for people who have need to fill, already do at home and take ready.

• 23 March 2019 on 20: 36

Good information, precious to make my new ZAIRYU CARD and did not know how ...